Ben and I had a beautiful morning today. We attended "A Walk To Remember" (www.walktoremember.org), an event held in honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss. It was a wonderful way to honor and remember the angel who left us before we were blessed with our beautiful Ben. It was a beautiful fall day today, and there were close to 1,000 people at the event. Ben and I each got t-shirts with the names of babies who were being remembered today. I didn't know about the event until yesterday, so next year, I'll be able to get our baby recognized at the event. I was also able to get little tokens of rememberance to send to my wonderful and supportive PAL friends.
There was a really nice ceremony, and several bereaved parents spoke, and read poetry. Then a woman got up and sang a beautiful rendition of "Danny Boy" , but she had changed it to "Baby Boy". There was not a dry eye anywhere nearby. She then sang "Angel" by Sarah McLaughlin, which is one of my favorite songs, and they did a balloon release, which was very moving. They then read the names of all of the babies we were there to honor, and then went on a mile and a half walk around a beautiful lake. It was a wonderful way to spend a beautiful morning. It was really wonderful to be there with our sweet Ben. When they released the balloons, he pulled himself up and waved bye bye.
Video of the "Baby Boy" Song
Video of the Balloon Release
Pictures from the event![]()
October 15th is the National Rememberance day for Pregnancy and Infant Loss. There is a program called the "Wave of Light". People are asked to light a candle from 7 pm - 8 pm. As each time zone extinguishes their candle, the next time zone will light theirs, creating a wave of light that will circle the globe.
For any of you in Colorado, there is also an event on Sunday 10/15 at 6:30 pm at the Butterfly Pavilion. Jack will be in Minnesota, but Mike, Ben and I plan to attend.
Saturday, October 07, 2006
A Walk To Remember
Posted by Becky at 3:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
(((Becky)))
Thank you for going and remembering all our angels. I have tears running down my face ~ what a beautiful ceremony... I wish we could have all gone together.
Bridget
Post a Comment