Ben had his 2 week checkup today, and he is doing SO great! He is 21 1/2 inches (2 inches longer than when he was born!!!!!) and weighs 6 pounds, 15.9 ounces, which his very proud mommy thinks is close enough to 7 pounds to just round up :) He is looking great and the dr said we can essentially consider him a full term baby now :)
We have kept pretty quiet this week, as any excursions wear me out pretty quick still... I have to keep reminding myself I just had surgery! We did make a trip to Estes to see my adorable nieces one more time before they left...and we managed to get some pictures of Grandpa all dressed up with the kids...

Ben also had his first bath this week , although he was not a big fan :)
After we were done I put him in this adorable outfit from Auntie Ruth
He is starting to be much more alert and awake, so I finally have some awake pictures to share :)

Big Brother Jack is handling the adjustment well, although he picked up an AWFUL cold over the holidays that he's only starting to get over now. Here's a couple of cute pictures of our two gorgeous boys


I got a real taste of what motherhood of two is like this week, I had Ben completely undressed on the changing table (which he does NOT like), and poor Jack coughed himself sick, and threw up all over Ben's bedroom floor. I guess these early crises are supposed to show me I can get through whatever they throw at me :)
One last exciting piece of news, I found out today that my dad and his wife Tehea are expecting another baby. My little sister Cassie is just 7 months old, and the new baby is due in July. Ben will be exactly 7 months younger than Cassie, and 7 months older that this new baby. And for those keeping count, this means after going 21 years being one of 2 children, at age 34 I am about to add my SEVENTH sibling.
0 comments:
Post a Comment