Just wanted to post a quick update with the latest on Baby Buzzo. I was in the hospital on the 2nd of December with some pre-term contractions. They gave me IV fluids and some medication to stop the contracting, and sent me home after about 5 hours. At my next appointment, they said if I went 3 days after that without the labor starting again, we would probably go full term. This Wednesday night (12 days later), I started contracting again. Mike and I went to the hospital and I was contracting every 2-4 minutes. In about two hours, I dilated to 3 cm. They were initially talking about delivering the baby, but decided to medicate me again, and watch me overnight. So, we spent the night in Labor and Delivery, and they got the contractions slowed down quite a bit. They released us early Thursday morning. We saw my doctor a little later in the day, and I hadn't dilated any more at that point. She took an ultrasound, which estimated that baby is about 5 lb 5 oz, which is really very good, although she did say we couldn't hold her to those estimates. We met with the Neo Natal Nurse Practicioner (sp?), who talked us through what the baby might need to deal with if born at this point. Basically, we might be looking at some issues feeding, which would mean I would need to pump and then the baby would be fed by a tube until they were strong enough or big enough to nurse, and the baby might have trouble regulating their body temperature. She said those things usually get better in a week, maybe 2. So, at this point we are basically hoping the baby will hang in there until Christmas Day, at which point I will be 36 weeks, 1 day, and things are a lot better for the baby at that point, we'd almost certainly be able to take them home with us. We have even been discussing changing baby's middle name if that happens :) but I'm still pulling for this pregnancy to last into January.
Jack's birthday party is tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to get pictures up quickly from that. Happy Holidays everyone!
Friday, December 16, 2005
Buzzo Wants to Be a Christmas Baby!
Posted by Becky at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for the update...much better than the grapevine communication we have been getting! You must be so excited for little baby! Hang in there a little longer Buzzo...maybe New Year's would be a better debuting time eh? We love you all and are praying for you. We are so excited to be an Auntie and Uncle again! Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment